Genting welcomes all members of the media to the Genting Poker
Series 2013, and hopes to be able to assist with any reasonable
media requests. Please ensure you read the rules below
thoroughly and ensure you apply for a Press Pass for every event
you wish to cover. There are 7 live festivals on the
Genting Poker Series 2013 calendar, if you wish to attend all 7,
you will need to apply for a Press Pass 7 times.
Any infringement of these rules will result in you losing your
media accreditation, and being unable to attend future Genting
- All reporting, of any kind must include the full mention of the
Genting Poker Series name, which must not be shortened to GPS.
- All print media must reference the Genting Poker Series website
- Any use of logos, must be in their original format, with size
ratios unchanged. Logos are available from the press office
- All media personnel wishing to attend the Genting Poker Series
events, must apply for a "Press Pass" here
- Accreditation is not automatic, and you will need to apply for
each event individually.
- All details submitted on the application form must be totally
correct. Any errors may lead to Press Passes being cancelled, and
any deliberate attempt to disguise the identity of the applicant
will lead to the Press Pass being cancelled and the individual
being barred from future Genting events.
- Applicants must abide by the full Rules and Terms and
Conditions of the Genting Poker Series, and of Genting UK.
- Applicants must bring suitable ID with them to the casino, and
will be required to become members of the casino in order to gain
entry. Suitable ID is recommended to be photo ID such as a Driving
Licence or Passport. Entry to the casino will not be
permitted without ID.
- Press Passes are limited to three passes per organisation,
unless written permission is granted by Genting.
- Press Passes are only issued to individuals wishing to cover
the Genting Poker Series, not for the purposes of arranging
meetings or for their own marketing purposes. Any such
activity will result in the Press Pass being withdrawn.
- Freelance journalists are welcome.
- Press Pass application closes 7 days before the first event of
each festival, please do not apply for an event after that time
period has passed, as your application will be ignored.
Filming / Photographs and Recordings
- Any photographs or video recording must not show the casino
gaming floor, bar, or other public areas. Therefore all shots
must be facing inwards to the poker rooms.
- Any individual found to be taking photographs / filming outside
of the poker room will have their Press Pass removed, will have to
destroy the photographs / video footage and will be escorted off
the premises. This is a serious breach of customer
confidentiality, so don't do it!
- Any photographs / video footage taken is to be made available,
upon request to Genting free of charge or licence restrictions, for
our use however we see fit.
- Any sound recording, is again to focus on the Poker room and is
to be made available to Genting as per 14.
- Flash Photography is not permitted near to the final or TV
table, and is only allowed within the Poker Room with the
permission of the Tournament Director.
- Video recording of the final or TV table is not permitted
Bandwidth and Accommodating the Media
- We will make best endeavours to provide a robust wireless
internet connection, however media applicants are advised to bring
their own back up in the form of 3G/4G Dongles. Genting has
no liability for lack of available internet connection or for poor
coverage on a 3G/4G Dongle.
- In the event of internet capacity being filled, Genting
reserves the right to limit access, focusing the bandwidth on
Genting's own media requirements.
- We will make best endeavours to provide tables / chairs and
power sockets for Media, however due to space restrictions these
are not guaranteed, and we suggest you bring your own extension
cables, use of which will be subject to our Health and Safety
- Our Primary priority is the smooth running of the tournament,
our Secondary priority is our own media requirements, if any
individual is obstructing these priorities in any way, we reserve
the right to withdraw their Press Pass.
- Where wireless internet is made available you are required to
only use it for relevant activity related to the coverage of the
event, it is not permitted to use it for any other purposes,
including but not limited to downloading content, playing games,
playing online poker. Any individual found to be using the
wireless internet in such a manner will have their Press Pass
- We request that when not in use, you disconnect from the
- Genting has no responsibility or liability for any items that
are lost, stolen or damaged during the course of the event.
Poker Room Procedures
- The Tournament Director, Poker staff and Genting support staff
must be able to work unhindered at all times. If you are asked to
move or leave a particular area, or to stop doing something, you
must do so immediately, without discussion or debate.
- The Genting appointed media must also be able to work
unhindered at all times. If you are asked to move or leave a
particular area, or to stop doing something, you must do so
immediately, without discussion or debate.
- Press Pass holders should only enter the Poker Room when
required to complete their work, loitering is not permitted.
- Press Pass holders must not distract the players in any way,
failure to comply will result in immediate ejection from the event
and a ban from all future Genting events.
- Applications for Press Passes can be made on an individual
basis here (link to
Press pass form)
- All other press or media enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org